The spring is still in the air, the cool air still lingering and the kids have been taking turns to be sick (still are as I am writing this blog). I wish for the warmer weather soon so they recover quickly and we go back enjoying outdoor playtime.
I cook this baby squid dish to add the variety in our meal plan that pretty much filled with chicken soup these days. A simple and quick meal that require few ingredients. Delicious and adventurous!
- 250 gram baby squid (remove the ink)
- 3 shallots ( thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 large chilli (sliced)
- 3 cm ginger (thinly sliced)
- 3-4 tbsp sweet soy sauce / kecap manis
- Salt pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- Heat up wok/ frying pan, add in the cooking oil, add shallots, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until golden and aromatic.
- Add in the squid, kecap manis, salt and pepper into the wok. Stir for 2-3 minutes. Don’t add any water as the squid will produce liquid when cook. Taste check. And serve with a bowl of hot rice. Enjoy!